The 2010 Meeting of the Division on Dynamical Astronomy will be held during
25 - 29 April 2010 at the
Holiday Inn Boston Brookline in
Brookline, Massachusetts, a
streetcar ride from
Boston in the
Coolidge Corner business district.
Here is a list of local restaurants.
Getting to Boston and Brookline
What Else to Do in Boston, Brookline, and Cambridge
Photos of the Meeting
The annual DDA Meeting brings together top researchers
in astronomy, astrophysics, planetary science, and astrodynamics for in-depth
and stimulating discussions and talks on all aspects of dynamics in the space
sciences. The DDA meeting features invited talks on a range of topics,
contributed talks (with no parallel sessions), and posters that
can be displayed throughout the entire meeting.
Publication of Papers: The journal "Celestial Mechanics & Dynamical
Astronomy" (CM&DA) invites you to submit a manuscript on your DDA
presentation for publication in a thematic issue of CM&DA.
Further instructions are available at a website announcing this special
Abstracts: 11:59 PM EDT, Monday, March 15, 2010
To give a presentation at the Boston Meeting, you must submit an abstract
(300 word limit) through the AAS/OASIS abstract form.
You may present two papers as long as one is oral and the other is a poster.
Submit the abstract(s)
to AAS through this web page.
Click on "access DDA abstract form".
Posters should be less than 40 inches x 30 inches
Online Registration: 11:59 PM EDT, Thursday, April 15, 2010
Early Registration: 11:59 PM EDT, Monday, March 15, 2010
|DDA Members:||$295 early,||$345 online/on-site
|$150 early,||$175 online/on-site
|non-members:||$345 early,||$395 online/on-site
The conference banquet will be held on Tuesday night, 27 April 2010.
It will cost $55.
Click here to find out how to register.
Monday, April 26
Monday, April 26
Hotel registration at our discounted rate: 11:59 PM EDT, Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Holiday Inn Boston-Brookline, 1200 Beacon St, Brookline, Massachusetts
Do Not Register online
Call the hotel directly at 1-877-456-7087 (free from US) or
1-617-277-1200, avoid the automated reservations system, get the front
desk, and ask for "Sales", and mention that you are with the DDA to get
our room rate of $99/night (+tax).
We strongly recommend that you request "tower" rooms as they
have good views. If those are no longer available, ask for "Beacon St.
side" rooms. "Esplanade" rooms are less preferred.
If you are looking for a roommate, contact Matija Cuk (cuk at eps.harvard.edu).
Student stipend applications: Midnight EST February 28, 2010.
The winners of the 2010 Student Stipend Awards are:
- Adrian Barker (Advisor: Gordon Ogilvie) University of Cambridge
Internal wave breaking and the fate of planets around solar-type stars
- Tyler Mitchell (Advisor: Glen Stewart) University of Colorado at Boulder
Evolution of the solar nebula under the influence of photoevaporation
- Justin Comparetta (Advisor: Alice Quillen) University of Rochester
Instabilities in tidal tails
- Daniel Tamayo (Advisor: Joe Burns) Cornell University
The exogenous origin of Iapetus' dark material
DDA Meeting Schedule
- Sunday, April 25, 2010
- 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm: Registration (Holiday Inn)
- 5:00 pm - ?:?? pm: Committee Meeting
- 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm: Reception (Holiday Inn)
- Monday, April 26, 2010
- 9:00 am - 12:00pm: Binaries and Outer Solar System
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm: Lunch Break
- 1:00 pm - 3:25 pm: Orbits
- 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm: Harvard Observatory Tour
- 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm: Dinner break in Harvard Square
- 7:30 pm:
Public Talk at Harvard's Haller Hall, 26 Oxford St.
Harvard Square restaurants
[PDF alternate flyer]
- Tuesday, April 27, 2010
- 9:00 am - 12:30pm: Transits and Hot Planets
- 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm: Lunch Break
- 1:30 pm - 4:55 pm: Galaxies
- 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm: Division Business Meeting
- 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm: Banquet (Holiday Inn)
- Wednesday, April 28, 2010
- 9:00 am -12:05 pm: Cosmic Disasters
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm:
Brouwer Award Lecture
- 2:00 pm - 5:30 pm: Moons and Rotation
- 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm: Poster viewing
- 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm: Dinner Break
- 8:00 pm - ?:?? pm: Pub night at Beacon St. Tavern, Brookline
- Thursday, April 29, 2010
- 9:00 am -12:05 pm: Circumstellar Disks
- 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm: Rings
- Invited Speakers
Brouwer Award Winner:
Tim De Zeeuw, ESO
- Public Talk:
Lisa Kaltenegger, Center for Astrophysics
Zoe Leinhardt, DAMTP Cambridge
Alan W. Harris, Space Science Institute
Matt Holman, CfA
Dave Merritt, Rochester Institute of Technology"
Heidi Newberg, RPI
Alice Quillen, University of Rochester (Chair)
Alice Monet, US Naval Observatory
Phil Nicholson, Cornell
Local Organizing Committee
Matija Cuk, Harvard and SAO (Co-Chair)
Brian Marsden, SAO (Co-Chair)
Rebekah Dawson, Harvard
Edmund Bertschinger, MIT
Jennifer Meyer, MIT
Doug Mink, SAO
Darin Ragozzine, CfA
Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
Institute for Theory and Computation (ITC)